Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 11, 2009

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. It truly is independence day, in more ways than one. It's the independence of our country, and the independence within ourselves. The appropriate WW topic for the week was 'Thindependence". How true. Let's declare our thindependence from our weight!

As I weighed in this week, at my all time low of 119, I got to thinking a lot about it and why I can't seem to go back up to my healthy weight range. I came up with this conclusion. The weight I lost, is the extra baggage I've been carrying around for a long long time. I'm talking the emotional baggage. And I think I can't gain it back, because I've released that baggage and refuse to have it control my life any more.

I think that's true for a lot of us in a sense. Maybe, just maybe, there is more to our weight issues than just overeating, as people like to think. I think, when we are truly ready to shed the weight, it will happen, when we release the control it has over us. Once we become one with it, and release it's control, the weight will come off.

It's not an overnight process. It took me 14 years to release my extra baggage of things I was holding on to, that wasn't healthy for me. I let a certain thing control my life for 14 long years. But when the divorce started moving along, I held a ceremony. And I released it all and told it, "you don't serve me any more". And, for the first time in 14 years, I started getting my life back. Obviously, the divorce is not what I held on to for 14 years because otherwise, we'd hold the record for the longest filing of a divorce in history. It's something else. But the divorce opened the door allowing the emotional things that had been destroying me little by little to go. And when I held that ceremony, it all went.

It's not to say that other things won't come in and replace it. I'm going through some things right now, in addition to the divorce, that is just as unhealthy for my weight. But I am working day by day, minute by minute, not allowing it to control and consume me. Yes, it affects the weight. It made me lose 5 lbs in 1 day. But I think, once I can learn to just release and let go of these stressful situations that happen (and they will because we are in this thing called 'life'), that everything else will fall into place.

So let's declare our thindependence AND our independence of the control our weight has over us, and just release it and let it go, and know that once we do, we will have our lives back and be at the weight we need to be at.

No comments:

Post a Comment