Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 2, 2009

Hello everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to write here. As you know, a lot of things are happening that keeps me from getting on here when I want to. But I hope everyone had a great summer. For those that had difficulty following the WW program during the summer, as that can be a challenge in itself, it's time to get busy and back on program! Pull out the food tracker and start tracking your food again.

I also heard a comment today from my WW leader that I thought was really good, and unfortunately, the truth. We were talking about portion control. So for those that don't feel they need to measure their food, remember this. As the portions grow, we grow. Pretty profound. Because it's true. After awhile, we've been on program for so long, we tend to toss the scale aside figuring we can do it without it. And at the beginning, perhaps that is true. But, after awhile, the portions start growing, and what do you know. The progress at the scale shows it. As the portions grow, we grow. Remember that. And recognize, it doesn't take long to write down what you eat as well as measure your food. Aren't you worth it?

I feel we all are. That is the reason I still attend meetings faithly. Even if I had to pay, I would make it a priority in my life. Isn't it better to do it now? Later never comes. And if it does, wouldn't it be better to do it at today's prices instead of what it will be like years down the road? Plus, what you need to lose now, would probably be more the longer you wait. Just food for thought. But that is probably a bad phrase to use, considering this is all about us and weight watchers. :-)

If anyone is on facebook, you can look me up, using marie@onww4life.us. If you're needing help with accountability, it'd be a good place to stay in contact. Remember, I'm there with you, as we're all on the same path. We're just on different parts of the path, as we all go along our journey. But I know, that no matter where on the weight loss path you are, it can be a daily struggle, whether you need to lose or you are maintaining. So it's always nice to have a weight loss buddy to hold you (and me) accountable.

It's almost Labor Day. Plan what you're going to eat now. Got a picnic or potluck to go to? Bring things you can eat. That way there is at least something you can eat within program. And remember to, just sample things, if you find things tempting. No need to feel like you can't have what is there. But by just sampling, you get a little bit of the things you like, and you're less likely to overinduldge. As you know, with sampling, you could still go over your points. But, you're accomplishing the fact that you are not depriving yourself (so you're more apt to eat healthier than you would have before), and you are not going to go over your points, like you would have in the past. That in itself, is a giant step in learning to eat healthy for life. And if you do over induldge by sampling, don't feel guilty. Enjoy, recognize the progress you have made, and move on.

By the way. If you want to start eating healthier by cutting out some red meat, read Robin Cook's "Toxin". It's an excellent book, and I guarantee, you'll never have to worry about eating hamburger again. I just read it again for about the 3rd time. It is an excellent book. It took me years to eat hamburger after the last time I read it. This time, I may never eat it again. It's worth reading. The sad part is, everything in the book is the truth. That is what is scary. Go get a copy and read it. Then come on here and let me know if you're ready to go out and get a hamburger. Chances are, I know what your answer would be.

Have a wonderful and safe Labor day everyone. And skinny vibes to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment